Known as the city of arts and innovation, Riverside, CA is a vibrant city that offers a lot of different things to see and do. Riverside homeowners enjoy a beautiful climate year-round, which is probably why Riverside is the 12th most populous city in California. Whether you are planning on moving to Riverside or you’ve only lived here for a short period, you can use the guide below to better get to know the city and what it has to offer.
Riverside, CA: 10 Things You Need to Know
At Sheldon's Heating & Air Conditioning, we love working with residents in the Riverside, CA community. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 things that we think all Riverside residents should know:
- Riverside has a semi-arid Mediterranean climate. This means that summers are dry and hot, and winters tend to be relatively wet and mild. The average summer temperature is about 90 degrees Fahrenheit, and average winter temperatures fall between 50- and 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Though Riverside once had issues with air pollution, residents can now breathe easy! The local government alongside the South Coast Air Quality Management District worked to take measures that significantly decreased the amount of pollution in the air.
- Riverside is a great city for those who like to have fun. The area boasts a long list of festivals and events, including the Legends of Riverside Film Festival, the Riverside Festival of Lights, and the Riverside Airshow.
- The city of Riverside has a great job market with some of the largest employers in the public education system along with many job opportunities in other industries as well. This makes it a great location for those who may be on the hunt for a new job.
- The city is also home to many interesting historical landmarks. Among them is the Riverside Fox Theater, which is where the very first showing of Gone with the Wind took place. Other historic spots include the Mission Inn and the Riverside County Historic Courthouse, which was based on the Petit Palais in Paris, France.
- There are 28 neighborhoods to choose from in Riverside, including Arlington, Canyon Crest, Casa Blanca, Victoria, Downtown, Hawarden Hills, Orange Crest, Presidential Park, Mission Grove, and Sycamore Canyon Park.
- The city of Riverside is proud of its historic connection to the navel orange. Riverside is home to one of the only surviving Parent Navel Orange Trees from which all of the navel orange trees on the west coast are descended!
- Riverside is often used as a filming location for television and movies. This is in part due to its proximity to Hollywood as well as its interesting and unique architecture.
- If you’re a history buff, you may want to check out some of the interesting museums in the city of Riverside. Some of these museums include the California Citrus State Historic Park Museum, March Field Air Museum, Riverside Art Museum, Sherman Indian Museum, and the Southern California Medical Museum.
- Riverside is also home to many higher learning institutions. University of California, Riverside; La Sierra University; Kaplan College; and California Southern Law School are just a few of the institutions of higher learning within the city.
Sheldon's Heating & Air Conditioning loves serving the Riverside community. We may be biased, but we think that Riverside residents are the best! If you need any HVAC maintenance or repair services, don’t hesitate to call our team today: 877-274-1882.