Do My Ducts Need Cleaned?
If you have one of the following circumstances in your home, you are probably overdue for a duct cleaning:
- There are unexplained odors in your home, especially coming from your air vents.
- You’re picking up more dust than usual.
- Your energy bill is starting to climb unexpectedly.
- Your system isn’t maintaining your ideal temperature or airflow.
- Residents in the home have asthma, allergies, or other breathing conditions.
- You have pets.
- It has been three to five years since your last cleaning.
If any one of these factors is true for you, it is time to have your system inspected by a professional, have your air quality tested, and invite us to perform duct cleaning and/or duct sealing.
Why do ducts get dirty?
With years of use, even a well-maintenanced system in a clean air environment can build up pollutants from the air. Everything from regular old dust (made from dead skin cells, pet dander, and textile fibers) to chemical irritants and airborne pollutants such as mildew and mold spores or even Carbon Monoxide can travel through your ducts and into your home.
Work with Sheldon’s
Duct cleaning is not something you can do on your own. Schedule your duct cleaning service with a qualified indoor air quality technician. Contact Sheldon’s Heating & Air today to discuss your need for professional duct cleaning in Riverside and the surrounding areas.