You know that feeling you get when you take a deep breath of clean air? It’s not just the beautiful scenery of an ocean or the trees that makes you feel energized and refreshed. Fresh air is chock full of ions, giving you that stimulating sensation. Now, you can recreate that same feeling at home. The Phenomenal Aire® Cold Plasma Generator can drastically improve the indoor air quality of your home.
Cold Plasma Generator: What is it?
A cold plasma generator is an air purification device installed inside your HVAC ductwork. It works by creating highly charged ions to break down the structure of pollutant molecules. The result is healthy and clean air, year-round.
The Phenomenal Aire® Cold Plasma Generator improves indoor air quality by:
- Deactivating harmful microorganisms including viruses
- Eliminating Odors
- Eliminating Allergens
- Breaking Down VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Agglomerating particles in the air making them larger for more effective filtration
- Reducing or eliminating static electricity in the environment
How Does a Cold Plasma Generator Work?
A “Cold Plasma Generator” sounds like it’s straight from the latest sci-fi movie, right? Truthfully, the Phenomenal Aire® Cold Plasma Generator is mimicking what already happens in nature.
Once your cold plasma generator is inside your ductwork, the two probes create an electrical field.We call this a plasma field. As air flows through the ductwork, the plasma field separates the molecules coming into the plasma field into positive and negative ions.
For example, a water molecule has two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. The atoms in water molecules bond together with ions. A water molecule has one negatively charged oxygen atom, and two positively charged hydrogen atoms. The opposition in the charge of ions makes the atoms attract to one another like a magnet. The plasma field generated by the Cold Plasma Generator will separate those molecules into individual ions.
As those ions move into your living space, they will naturally seek atoms with an opposite charge to attach to form a neutral state. When it lands on a pollutant like a virus, mold, or bacteria, the ion will steal electrons from the molecules – effectively killing it. Once there are no more pollutants to kill, ions will reconnect with other ions to create simple molecules like H2O.
The Cold Plasma Generator also causes a phenomenon called agglomeration. This is when similar particles stick together. For example, small particles of pollen particles will stick to other particles. As they stick to one another, they become larger and larger, and ultimately will be large enough for your air filter to capture.
Why We Love the Phenomenal Aire CPG
A cold plasma generator is a safe and natural way to greatly improve your indoor air quality. Whether you’re having problems with seasonal allergies, funky smells, or you’re looking for a solution to prevent the spread of COVID-19, a cold plasma generator can help.
Here at Sheldon’s Service, we especially love this product because it is:
- Safe – this device cleans air the same way nature does – by producing ions!
- Affordable – the CPG is a budget-friendly solution for any homeowner.
- Eco-Friendly – unlike many air purifiers on the market, the CPG produces no detectable traces of ozone.
- Easy Installation – we’ll install your cold plasma generator right inside your ductwork – no additional parts needed.
- No Moving Parts – that means less maintenance over the life of the product.
- Works 24/7 – plug-in air purifiers only work when you turn them on and keep them clean; a CPG will clean air every minute of the day, 365 days of the year.
- No Redecorating Required – since your air purifier is inside your central air system, there are no bulky devices to hide. Out of sight, out of mind. (But hey, if you really want that new end table, by all means!)
Air Purifiers and Coronavirus
We’re living through a once-in-a-lifetime event with the COVID-19 pandemic. Many homeowners in Southern California are looking for solutions to improve the health and wellbeing of their family. That’s especially the case since most of us are spending more time at home than ever.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined that coronavirus primarily transmits from one person to another via respiratory droplets. These droplets are created when an infected person talks, coughs, or sneezes. Then, those droplets float around in the air and land on surfaces.
The good news is that disabling the coronavirus molecule is possible. In June 2020, a third-party laboratory documented results of ionization technology effectively reducing COVID-19 virus by 99.4% within 30 minutes.
Independent lab testing has proven that Phenomenal Aire products reduce pathogens similar to SARS-CoV-2, like the norovirus, in residential and commercial applications. It reduces viruses on hard non-porous surfaces and in the indoor air.
Ready for healthier, cleaner air? Call Sheldon’s! Our knowledgeable staff can schedule your installation of a Cold Plasma Generator from Phenomenal Aire today!